Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bumbu Desa - KLCC

Bumbu Desa the authentic Indonesian restaurant that is tantalising Malaysia, is on the fourth floor of Suria KLCC. Their menu, with its traditional Indonesian recipes, is set to tickle the taste buds with spice appeal.

A selection from the different dishes on display can be made, as large or small as you wish. Haha..it's not a buffet spread!

White Rice
My team and I were at Bumbu Desa KLCC for my farewell lunch. Yes, I'm leaving on Feb 18 to pursue other opportunities. Oyah ordered a number of dishes and all the dishes taste great.

We had rice, served in a very traditional aluminium pot which reminds me of my kampung childhood days. To go with rice we had:

Cumi Goreng
Cumi Goreng (deep-fried squid marinated in turmeric paste). Nice and fragrant.

Rendang Daging
Rendang Daging (a traditional Minangkabau dish)...slow cooked and tenderized beef in coconut milk and spices.

Ayam Pok
Ayam Pop (a Padang dish)...a dual process skinless chicken dish (steamed and then deep fried).

Ayam Bakar (a Sundanese dish)...grilled marinated chicken with sweet soya sauce. This dish came last and I did not manage to snap a picture of it (too busy eating) but trust me, it is very delicious.

Gulai Ayam
Gulai Ayam ( a Padang dish)...yellow chicken curry. Looks like ordinary curry but the taste is heavenly. Full of flavour.

Fried Talapia
Marinated deep fried talapia with special sauce. Crispy and crusty and yet juicy!


Sambal
The star of the day is the "sambal". It's spicy but gives a special kick.

Even their drinks are special. I had orange coconut, a freshly squeezed orange drink mixed with young coconut flesh. My first time having such drink. They also serve the usual avocado drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment