Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Brasserie 't Stropke

From Paris, we went to Ghent, Belgium to meet another customer. My first time to Ghent, Belgium and like the city.

Had our lunch at Brasserie 't Stropke. A nice and cosy authentic atmosphere near the historic Castle of the Counts.

We had a table outside the brasserie which had a good view of Castle of the Counts. It was a bit chilly but the cool weather makes our tomato soup taste so much better :) Our soup was served in a nice little pot. Rather authentic.

For main course, Vivian had a chicken dish with potatoes. Tried some of Vivian's....I like the potatoes. Definitely gained some kilos as I have not been exercising throughout the trip but kept on eating food which are high in carbs.

I had mixed meat grill. Looks oily but tasty.
My dish came with pommes frites, authentic Belgian fries. What's the difference between pommes frites and french fries...it taste the same to me :)

Our taxi driver  the airport was actually recommending pommes frites with Duvel beer. Did not try the Duvel beer during lunch but had one later at Hotel Harmony.Like the taste of the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment