Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stadtkeller

Stadtkeller is a Swiss folklore restaurant. I've seen a travel show featuring this restaurant and since I'm in Lucerne, I have to try their food.

We arrived at the restaurant early and was told that the folklore show starts only at 8pm. We did not want to wait as there will be a big crowd for the Lucerne Music Festival later on.

Since we were not really that hungry, we opt for a light dish, bindenfleisch and cheese fondue.

Bindenfleish
Bindenfleisch is  also known as Bündnerfleisch or Viande des Grisons. It is an air-dried meat that is produced in the canton of Graubunden, Switzerland. 

Do I like the taste of bindenfleisch? Well, NO! It has a very funny taste and very salty. It is eaten with pickles.

Tomato Soup
After a few slices of the bindenfleisch, I decided to order tomato soup. The soup was not great either but better than the bindenfleisch.

Cheese Fondue
Cheese fondue was the last dish to be served and I was looking forward to tasting it. Unfortunately, the cheese fondue was also a let down. Cheese fondue is usually eaten during winter but this restaurant serve them all year round.

Stadtkeller Bier
The only thing that was great in this restaurant was it's house beer.

Frankly, this place is a novelty. Try once and will never go back again. If I ever go back, it is only for it's beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment